I have been in and out of so many diets that I may have slowed down quite a bit on my visits and blogs, but never to fade away into non-existence. This is for the year that was…
– Thank you Castle Korean BBQ…you may not be the best but I have been your staple customer for so long that it is your squid and your brisket have been our saving grace countless times. I have been hungry, and you have been more than willing to feed to poor and needy (thank you inexpensive Korean BBQ).
– Thank you Senor Fish…because when we have no where else to go, you are but a block away of goodness on a plate. Loving all the more that we do not have to walk with alcohol in hand, your sangrias make you such a popular cheerleader.
– Thank you Yogurt Haven…I have been hooked with your delightful Taro enticing me to the core that even through the coldest of winter I will never tire of you.
– Thank you Starbuck’s on York…for our many nights of hanging out and playing our card games and providing us with such great service every single time.
– Thank you to the many Happy Hour places offering solace after 10pm: Burbank Bar and Grill, Octopus Glendale, Coffee Table Lounge, Red Lion Tavern, Wokcano Pasadena, and the many Korean cafes within reach.
– Thank you Boiling Shrimp…you may not the same as Boiling Crab, but you have never let us wait more than 5minutes, whether for our seats or our food. It is a plus that you are sans liquor license and have a store next door. Picture this, ready seats and cheap drinks that we can bring in to your establishment.
I am still thankful for my 2009 findings, add to them are the 2010 gems and hole(s)-in-the-wall that will surely be revisited and never forgotten. I may find more in 2011, but it is not to say that you will be unnoticed and untouched. Let’s do this 2011. Pardon the diets I may have, after all…a foodie will live on food alone.